Hi there, my name is Dan and together we’re going to build a portfolio website using Adobe Dreamweaver.
I am an Adobe Certified Instructor and better yet I work closely with Adobe themselves to develop their own online help videos. I am also a Dreamweaver speaker at the huge Adobe Max conference in Las Vegas 2017. I’m even inside your version of Dreamweaver right now... go on try it... open Dreamweaver > Go to Help > quick tutorial - I’m right there!This course is for beginners. You do not need any previous knowledge in Dreamweaver or web design experience. We will use Dreamweaver ‘split’ view so we can use all the good visual tools as well as doing some simple amends down here in the code as well.
Now web design can sometimes be tricky so I am here to help - just message me if you get stuck. There are also exercise files so you can follow along. I even save a full copy of the website at the end of every video so that you can check yours again mine if you’re is not working quite right.
Check out this link here www.byolisawesome.com
, for the site we build together. Let's get excited about finally being able to build a website like a professional web designer. See you in class.
What are the requirements?
- You will need a copy of Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017 or above. A free trial can be downloaded from Adobe.
- No previous web design skills are needed.
- No previous Dreamweaver skills are needed.
What am I going to get from this course?
- 39 lectures 3+ hours of well-structured content!
- You'll learn to build a responsive portfolio website from scratch.
- Learn how to take a design from Illustrator & create a professional website.
- How to use templates in Dreamweaver.
- Create mobile, tablet & desktop versions of the website.
- Build our own custom responsive navigation with burger menu.
- How to publish your website to the internet.
- Ways to preview your designs straight to your mobile device.
- How to get the most from your portfolio Images.
- How to use beautiful web fonts in your designs.
- You will get the finished files so you never fall behind.
- Downloadable exercise files & cheat sheet.
- Forum support from me and the rest of the BYOL crew.
- All the techniques used by professional website designers.
What is the target audience?
- YES: This course is for beginners. Aimed at people new to the world of web design. No previous Dreamweaver experience is necessary.
- NO: This course is NOT suited to people experienced in using HTML & CSS.
Course duration approx 4 hours + your study.